Seawater Site Manager
Reporting to the Seawater Production Manager, the Seawater Site Manger is responsible for all farm operations including growth performance, feeding, husbandry, staffing requirements, and site security.
Additional management responsibilities include farm planning, database entries (FishTalk), payroll, human resources management, adherence to all occupational health and safety requirements and conditions of license for the farm.
- Manage centralized feeding equipment and software. This includes under water feeding and environment monitoring hardware.
- Benchmark growth performance and cost of production
- Feed forecasting, ordering, inventory and quality control.
- Develop and implement farm practices and working procedures.
- Understand, enforce, and adhere to all government regulations, farm best practices and SOP’s
- Implement emergency response systems
- Environmental and plankton monitoring, install/manage bloom mitigation equipment.
- Operate, control, and monitor oxygen supplementation equipment.
- Understand and enforce site Bio-security
- Diploma or degree in Aquaculture, Aquatic Resources, or Fisheries Resources.
- A minimum of five years farms site management preferred.
- A favorable driver’s license abstract and criminal record check will be required.
- Excellent leadership skills, communication both written and verbal, problem solving, teamwork, and critical thinking skills.
- Thorough knowledge of fish growth performance (FCR, SFR, Survival etc.) and stock management procedures.
- WHMIS, MED A3, Radio Operator, Small Vessel Operating Permit, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, Forklift, and Confined Space certifications an asset.
As part of our commitment to employment excellence, Grieg Seafood offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package.
For a full job description or if you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Closing Date: July 29, 2021
Email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.orgThank you for your interest in Grieg Seafood. Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.