Reporting to the Finance Director, the Accountant is responsible for accounts receivable, fixed asset accounting, account reconciliations, research of discrepancies, assisting with month end duties, as well as other duties as assigned.
- Operate with minimal supervision to independently perform moderately complex work in the accounting system and provide analytical support to the Finance Director;
- Prepare invoices and client account statement; collect and allocate payments;
- Maintain the subsidiary ledger for the company’s fixed assets and capital projects;
- Maintain and reconcile the company’s inventory records;
- Prepare accrual and adjusting journal entries;
- Perform analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts; bank reconciliations;
- Prepare monthly financial and management reports;
- Assist in month end closing, develop and maintain support schedules;
- College Diploma in Accounting, Bachelor’s degree an asset;
- 3-5 years of experience in full cycle accounting;
- Previous experience in the aquaculture industry an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and practices;
- Proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (i.e. Excel and Word), knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is an asset;
- Excellent and effective verbal, listening and written communication skills;
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and manage multiple priorities;
- Problem solving ability with a readiness to handle work of greater complexity;
As part of our commitment to employment excellence, Grieg Seafood offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package.
Closing Date: September 10, 2021
Email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Grieg Seafood. Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.