Automated Net Washing Technician
Reporting to the Automated Net Washing Manager, the Automated Net Washing Technician is responsible for the cleaning of fish enclosure nets using a mechanized pressure washing system. Daily responsibilities will include operating, transporting, and maintaining the equipment, as well as developing efficient standardized washing practices. Shifts will be 8-days-on and 6-days-off, with the possibility of occasional overtime shifts as needed.
- Operation, transportation, and maintenance of robotic net washing equipment (Autoboss, a programmable, automated net cleaning machine designed to clean fish farming grower nets frequently http://www.trimaraservices.com/products/autoboss/ ).
- Operate boats and lifting equipment (such as Hiabs and forklifts) in a marine environment.
- Develop, maintain, and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Farm equipment maintenance.
- Comply with all lock out procedures.
- Understand and adhere to government regulations, Standard Operating Practices, WorkSafe BC regulations and company biosecurity rules and practices.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 1 - 2 years of aquaculture experience or general work experience with equivalent duties and responsibilities.
- Preference will be given to applicants with Engine Mechanic or Aquaculture Certificate/Diploma.
- Formal mechanical training or equivalent experience.
- Proficient computer skills and strong communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Valid certificates for First Aid 1, WHMIS, Forklift, SVOP, and MED A-3
As part of our commitment to employment excellence, Grieg Seafood offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Closing Date: December 25, 2020
To apply, email your resume to: email@example.com